Washington County Online Premarital Preparation Course
Avoid the three day wait requirement and save $32.50 on your marriage license in Washington County!
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
The Washington County Courthouse will discount your marriage license application fee $32.50 upon completing our online premarital preparation course. The standard fee for a marriage license is $93.50, however, applicants who file a certification that both parties have completed our online premarital preparation course within the past 12 months, are entitled to a discount ($32.50), making their fee $61.00.
The cost of our the course is $19.99, so you will actually SAVE $12.51 on your marriage license and there will be no out of pocket cost.
Our Online Premarital Preparation Course for Washington County Covers the Following Cities:
- New Hope
- Sunny Hills
To purchase your online marital course, click here.
Washington County Marriage License Information
The Clerk’s Office is proud to offer the service of marriage licenses. The following are the requirements and general information. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions at 850-638-6285 ext 221,224, or 244. You may also contact us via email at either one of the following emails email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com. To help speed your procedure in the office, you may fill out and bring in the forms found below.
- Both applicants must apply in person and bring a drivers license, passport or state issued identification card. If either applicant was previously married they need to know either the date of divorce (exact date or at least the month & year) or the date of the other spouses death.
- The effective date of the license will not be valid until three (3) days after issuance if both partners do not attend the pre-marital course. Exceptions to the waiting period are non Florida residents, Florida residents that have attended pre-marital counseling, and persons asserting hardships.
- Both applicants must be at least 18 years of age to apply without parental consent.
- If either applicant is under the age of 18 years of age but at least 16 years of age, a birth certificate and proof of identification is required along with a notarized written consent of the parents or guardian. Consent forms are available at our office if parents are unable to be present.
- Applicants under 16 years of age must obtain a determination from a county judge. All minors need to contact the office for more information.
- No blood test is required.
- The cost is $93.50 payable by cash, check or money order payable to the Clerk of Court. A reduction in the fee ($32.50) will be assessed for any Florida resident couple that provides a valid certificate of completion of a pre-marital course (making the license $61.00). Florida Statute 741.0305(5).
- The license must be used within sixty (60) days of issuance.
- The license may be used in any county in the State of Florida, but must be returned to the county where it was issued.
Our office can also perform the marriage ceremony for an additional fee of $30.00. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., however the hours for marriages/marriage license is from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Marriage License with proof of Counseling
Clerk Ceremony Fee to be married at Court House
Publications in PDF can only be viewed and printed using the Adobe Acrobat Reader version 4.0 or higher. The downloadable Acrobat Reader software is available at NO CHARGE from the Adobe Systems website. For more information on other files viewers go to our Accessibility page. The following documents will open in a new window.
Marriage Application Documents
Family Law Handbook
- Family Law (Marriage) Handbook English version
- Family Law (Marriage) Handbook Spanish version
Marriage License Copies
To obtain a copy of a marriage license you may write to:
Washington County Clerk of Court
Marriage License Department
Post Office Box 647
Chipley, Florida 32428
Certification of Record
Please refer to the Washington County Clerk of Court website for additional information. (http://www.washingtonclerk.com/)
Dr. Justin D’Arienzo is Florida’s Leading Provider of Online Premarital Preparation and Premarital Counseling. He created an enjoyable and interactive online premarital preparation course that is certified in every county in Florida. Dr. D’Arienzo is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Certified Florida Supreme Court Family Mediator, Parenting Coordinator, Custody Evaluator, and Relationship Expert. If you are seeking individual psychotherapy, counseling in Jacksonville FL, couples and marriage counseling, family counseling, intensive marital therapy, or life coaching, D’Arienzo Psychological Group provides comprehensive psychological therapies and counseling utilizing research-based strategies. D’Arienzo Psychological Group is a full-service psychology firm, with mental health providers who specialize in areas including child and adolescent mental health counseling, behavior modification, psychotherapy for adults, group therapy, psychological assessment, life coaching, vocational counseling, organizational consulting and training, substance abuse treatment, anger management, premarital counseling, marital therapy, couples counseling, and forensic psychological services.