Florida Premarital Preparation Online Course for Marriage License
We have the Top Florida Premarital Preparation Online Course!
The cost of our premarital course is $19.99 – giving you a total savings of $12.51 on your Florida marriage license and no out-of-pocket expenses to you at all!
It’s easy…take the course today! The Online Course: $19.99
We are an authorized provider of the premarital preparation course for the following counties in Florida. Click here to make sure your county is on the list.
The Florida Marriage License Cost is $93.50. By taking the DPG Premarital Online Course you save $32.50 on your marriage license cost, reducing your Marriage License fee to $61.00 and you avoid the three day Florida state wait requirement. The cost of our online premarital course is $19.99 giving you an actual savings of $12.51 off your Florida Marriage License. It is better than free! Follow these simple steps below to begin:
How It Works
[stepone]Click on the Buy Now link and make your secure payment through Paypal. You do not need a Paypal account to pay. You can pay as a Guest through Paypal. During normal business hours, you may also contact our office directly at (904) 379-8094 to make a payment. Both options are secure and quick methods to get started.[/stepone][steptwo]Once payment has been received, you will receive a password code via email so that you can login to the Premarital Preparation Course at http://www.drdarienzo.com. Please allow up to one hour to receive your code during normal business hours of Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST. After normal business hours, please allow up to six hours to receive your code.[/steptwo][stepthree]After logging in with the passcode, you will have 30 days to complete the course. Florida law requires that you spend a minimum of four (4) hours on the premarital course. The course is structured to be completed with the exercises, which takes at least 4 hours if completed as instructed. Please follow the Florida statute by spending at least 4 hours on the course. Once you have finished reading through the material and completing the exercises, you will need to take the quiz. Please take your time and fill out the information accurately. After the quiz has been submitted, we will email you a PDF copy of your certificate of completion. Some counties require an original certificate of completion. Please check our FAQ page for a listing of those counties requiring an original certificate.[/stepthree][/steps]
Preparation Course Testimonials
[testimonial]My future bride and I completed the course Friday morning and had our certificate in hand by the afternoon. DPG’s staff was great. Mike L.[/testimonial][testimonial]I especially enjoyed learning about my fiancé’s emotional and psychological needs. The course definitely helped us with our marriage planning.Layla P.[/testimonial][testimonial]Dr. D’Arienzo’s premarital preparation course was informative and helpful… we saved money on our license. Thanks Dr. D!.Brian G.[/testimonial]
[testimonial]Thank goodness a premarital course like this is offered. The exercises were practical. I used the friendship ones with my best friend too.Christie M.[/testimonial]
Florida Premarital Preparation Online Course
741.0305 Marriage fee reduction for completion of premarital preparation course.—
(1) A man and a woman who intend to apply for a marriage license under s. 741.04 may, together or separately, complete a premarital preparation course of not less than 4 hours. Each individual shall verify completion of the course by filing with the application a valid certificate of completion from the course provider, which certificate shall specify whether the course was completed by personal instruction, videotape instruction, instruction via other electronic medium, or a combination of those methods. All individuals who complete a premarital preparation course pursuant to this section must be issued a certificate of completion at the conclusion of the course by their course provider. Upon furnishing such certificate when applying for a marriage license, the individuals shall have their marriage license fee reduced by $32.50.
(2) The premarital preparation course may include instruction regarding:
(a) Conflict management.
(b) Communication skills.
(c) Financial responsibilities.
(d) Children and parenting responsibilities.
(e) Data compiled from available information relating to problems reported by married couples who seek marital or individual counseling.
(3)(a) All individuals electing to participate in a premarital preparation course shall choose from the following list of qualified instructors:
1. A psychologist licensed under chapter 490.
2. A clinical social worker licensed under chapter 491.
3. A marriage and family therapist licensed under chapter 491.
4. A mental health counselor licensed under chapter 491.
5. An official representative of a religious institution which is recognized under s. 496.404(19), if the representative has relevant training.
6. Any other provider designated by a judicial circuit, including, but not limited to, school counselors who are certified to offer such courses. Each judicial circuit may establish a roster of area course providers, including those who offer the course on a sliding fee scale or for free.
(b) The costs of such premarital preparation course shall be paid by the applicant.
(4) Each premarital preparation course provider shall furnish each participant who completes the course with a certificate of completion specifying the name of the participant and the date of completion and whether the course was conducted by personal instruction, videotape instruction, or instruction via other electronic medium, or by a combination of these methods.
(5) All area course providers shall register with the clerk of the circuit court by filing an affidavit in writing attesting to the provider’s compliance with the premarital preparation course requirements as set forth in this section and including the course instructor’s name and qualifications, including the license number, if any, or, if an official representative of a religious institution, a statement as to relevant training. The affidavit shall also include the addresses where the provider may be contacted.
History.—s. 5, ch. 98-403; s. 16, ch. 99-307.
The Premarital Preparation Course will be available for participants marrying in the following Florida Counties and Cities:
Alachua, Baker, Bay, Bradford, Brevard, Broward, Calhoun, Charlotte, Citrus, Clay, Collier, Columbia, Desoto, Dixie, Duval, Escambia, Flagler, Franklin, Gadsden, Gilchrist, Glades, Gulf, Hamilton, Hardee, Hendry, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Holmes, Indian River, Jackson, Jefferson, Lafayette, Lake, Lee, Leon, Levy, Liberty, Madison, Manatee, Marion, Martin, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Nassau, Okaloosa, Okeechobee, Orange, Osceola, Palm Beach, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Putnam, Santa Rosa, Sarasota, Seminole, St. Johns, St. Lucie, Sumter, Suwannee, Taylor, Union, Volusia, Wakulla, Walton, and Washington Counties.