From USA TODAY
What’s with the rage over childless couples?
Summer Marriages in Florida
Summer is a great time to have a wedding in Florida, and we have the best tools to assist you getting hitched without a hitch. We have provide for you the best wedding venues to get married in Florida in each county. We also offer the best Florida online premarital course that enables you to save $32.50 off your marriage license and will allow you to avoid the three day wait in Florida to get married. For more information about our Official and Certified Florida Premarital Course, CLICK HERE.
A summer day in Florida is usually hot! Choosing the right location will make your special day perfect. An inside wedding during the summer is ideal for those who do not want the risk of rainy weather interfering with their wedding day.
If you enjoy Florida’s heat and and would not mind an outdoor wedding during the summer you can reduce the risk of weather interfering by doing a few things. Certainly, avoiding a hurricane is impossible but you can choose a venue that offers indoor and outdoor spaces so that you have a backup plan if the weather is not ideal or it can just give your guests the option for air conditioning! Also the use of tents, umbrellas or a pavilion is a great way to keep dry or be under some shade!
Also before choosing your wedding date and special wedding venue in Florida, consider taking a our online Florida premarital preparation course. Again, our certified and official course allows you to avoid the three day wait requirement, saves you money and prepares you for your marriage.
D’Arienzo Psychological Group offers the Official Florida Premarital Preparation Course for $19.99. Our premarital course has been certified in all 67 counties in Florida. This premarital course saves you $32.50 on your marriage license and gets you ready for your special day.
Some unique wedding venues around Florida that would be great for a summer wedding include:
- Alachua County: Little Forest Farm, The Thomas Center, & Haile Plantation Golf & Country Club
- Baker County: The Keeler Property, Sunrise Jubilee Farm, & Geiser Grand Hotel
- Bay County: Sharks Tooth Golf Club, Alys Beach & Beachcomber.
- Bradford County: Keystone Camp & First Presbyterian Church of Starke.
- Brevard County: Rockledge Country Club, Up the Creek Farms & Suntree Country Club
- Broward County: Marriott Hollywood Beach, Diplomat Resort and Spa & The Venue Fort Lauderdale.
- Calhoun County: W T Neal Civic Center & Blountstown United Methodist Church
- Charlotte County: Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club, Cypress M Ranch & Palm Island Resort
- Citrus County: Citrus Hills Golf and Country Club, Lakeside Ranch and Resort & Tuscany On the Meadows
- Clay County: The Club Continental, Fleming Island Banquet Hall & First Assembly Church
- Collier County: Inn at Pelican Bay, Ritz-Carlton Beach Resort, Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club, and Spa, Edgewater Beach Hotel & Imperial Golf Club
- Columbia County: Southern Oaks Country Club & Southern Pines Venue
- Desoto County: Oaks of Devonaire & Kingsway Country Club
- Dixie County: Putnam Lodge & Horseshoe Beach
- Duval County: Epping Forest Yacht and Country Club, Queen’s Harbour Yacht & Country Club, The Keeler Property & Deercreek Country Club
- Escambia County: Live Oak Plantation, Palafox Wharf Waterfront Reception Venue, Scenic Hills Country Club & Paul’s on the Bay
- Flagler County: Channel Side, Hammock Beach Resort & Hammock Dunes Club
- Franklin County: Coombs House Inn & RiverCrest Lodge
- Gadsden County: White Dog Plantation, Dovers Eagle Hill & Quincy Garden Center
- Gilchrist County: Seven Hills Farm, Gilchrist County Women’s Club & Gilchrist Club
- Glades County: Fisheating Creek & First United Methodist Church
- Gulf County: St Joseph’s Bay Country Club & First United Methodist Church
- Hamilton County: The Hitching Post at Horizon Oaks & First Baptist Church of Jasper
- Hardee County: Solomon’s Castle
- Hendry County: Clewiston Golf Club, Port LaBelle Inn & Clewiston Inn
- Hernando County: Head & Heel Ranch, Hitching Post Barn, Palace Grand, Saxon Manor Weddings & Events, The White Barn & Tuscany On the Meadows
- Highlands County: Circle Theatre, Lake Josephine Rustic Resort, Sun ‘N Lake Golf Club, Kenilworth Lodge & Sun ‘N Lake Golf Club
- Hillsborough County: Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel, Tampa Marriot Waterside Hotel and Marina & 1930 Grande Room
- Holmes County: Dogwood Lakes Golf Club, SageField Farm & First Baptist Bonifay
- Indian River County: Cielo Blu Barn, Waldo’s Secret Garden, The Caribbean Court Boutique Hotel & Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa
- Jackson County: The Pinnacle Place & Elegant Happenings
- Jefferson County: Barn House Events, Monticello Opera House& Jefferson Country Club
- Lafayette County: O. Ranch Equestrian Park & Alton Church of God
- Lake County: Chapel of Love, Fiddlers Green Ranch, Lake Receptions & Lakeside Inn
- Lee County: ‘Tween Waters Inn Island Resort, Burroughs Home & Gardens, Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa & White Orchid at Oasis
- Leon County: Bradley’s Pond, Goodwood Museum & Gardens, Shiloh Farm Church & Barn & The Space at Feather Oaks
- Levy County: Bronson Road Baptist Church
- Liberty County: Bristol United Methodist & The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
- Madison County: Honey Lake Resort, Baptist Church & St. Mary’s Episcopal Church
- Manatee County: Bella Luna Barn, Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast, Riverhouse Banquets & Weddings & Bradenton Country Club
- Marion County: Elegant Oaks Inc, Hilton Ocala, Jumbolair Weddings, Oakbrook Wedding Garden & Wayside At Cottom Farm
- Martin County: Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina, Kane Center, Mansion at Tuckahoe, Monarch Country Club & Willoughby Golf Club
- Miami-Dade County: Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, Grand Salon Reception Hall, Kimpton EPIC Hotel, Longans Place, The Bath Club, The Palms Hotel & Spa, The Cruz Building & The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove
- Monroe County: Audubon House & Tropical Gardens, Casa Marina Resort, The Waldorf Astoria Collection, DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Grand Key, Pier House Resort & Spa & Sunset Key Cottages
- Nassau County: Country Day Castle & Stables, Littleberry Farm, Plantation Oaks Farms, The Hilliard Mansion & The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
- Okaloosa County: Destin Bay House, The Venue at Crystal Beach, South Laurel Farms & Four Points by Sheraton Destin
- Okeechobee County: Pine Ridge Plantation, OK Corral Gun Club & Quail Creek Plantation
- Orange County: Citrus Club, Cypress Grove Estate House & The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne
- Osceola County: Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Omni Orlando Resort at Champions Gate & The Royal Crest Room
- Palm Beach County: West Palm Beach Lake Pavilion, The Breakers Weddings & Celebrations, Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach, Hilton Garden Inn Palm Beach Gardens, Lakeside Terrace Boca Raton & Majestic Princess Cruises Inc
- Pasco County: Bird Island Lake Ranch, Lange Farm, Laurel Wood Gardens, Sparton Manor & Heritage Springs Country Club
- Pinellas County: Kapok Special Events Center, Carlouel Yacht Club, Grand Plaza Hotel Beachfront Resort & Conference Center, Sunken Garden, StarLite Majesty & Wentworth Golf Club
- Polk County: Harmony Haven Event Venue, Magnolia Building, The Rocking H Ranch, Smith Family Ranch, Town Manor on the Lake & Oak-K Farm
- Putnam County: Ravine Gardens State Park, Rodman Plantation & Crystal Cove Riverfront Resort
- Santa Rosa County: Coldwater Gardens, Hidden Creek Golf Course, Tiger Point Golf Club, Adventures Unlimited Outdoor Center & Best Western Navarre Waterfront
- Sarasota County: Powel Crosley Estate, The Devyn Event Venue & The Ritz-Carlton
- Seminole County: Gallery J, Horsepower Ranch and Events, Luxmore Grande Estate, Maison & Jardin, The Crystal Ballroom, The Secret Garden& Noah’s Event Venue
- Johns County: Slammer & Squire Golf Course, Lightner Museum, River House Events, Treasury on the Plaza, Weddings at Colonial Quarters & World Golf Village Resort Hotel
- Lucie County: Creative Catering Banquet Hall, St. Lucie Trail Golf Club, PGA Golf Club at PGA Village & St. Lucie Trail Golf Club
- Sumter County: October Oaks & Rustic Events, LLC
- Suwannee County: Camp Weed & Cerveny Conference Center & Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park
- Taylor County: Steinhatchee Landing Resort & Forest Capital Museum State Park
- Union County: Lakeside Park & Providence Village Baptist Church
- Volusia County: Bridle Oaks, DeBary Golf & Country Club, Harmony Gardens Tropical Wedding Garden, Riverside Pavilion, Stetson Mansion,The Delamater House, The Shores Resort & Spa & The Estate on the Halifax
- Wakulla County: Magnuson Hotel Wildwood Inn
- Walton County: Celebration Hall, Fine Art 30A Weddings, Hibiscus Coffee & Guesthouse, Highlands House Bed & Breakfast & Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
- Washington County: Live Oak Wedding and Special Events, Southern Lea Farms & Sunny Hills Golf Club
This article was written by our Intern and UNF Student, Ashley Pisciotanno
Contact us at D’Arienzo Psychological Group at 904-379-8094 if we can be of further assistance or if you have questions about our online premarital course or if you are interested in premarital therapy or counseling with one of our marriage doctors, therapists, or marriage counselors.
From USA Today
Having regular sex makes you better at your job
From USA Today
Nearly half of Netflix watchers ‘cheat’ on significant other
Is nothing, even television, sacred anymore?A Netflix survey says just about half of U.S. binge-watchers admit to “cheating” on their significant other by jumping ahead on a show they agreed to watch together.The reason why is both unsatisfying as it is predictable: A lack of self-control. Nearly 70% said they just needed to see what happens next.Tisk tisk.But there’s good news, the U.S. ranks fifth on the cheating list, falling far behind Mexico and Brazil, where nearly 60% of people admit to cheating. Europe, it appears, is where you’ll find binge-watching honesty. The most faithful countries were the Netherlands, Poland and Germany.
Great article for those considering getting married!
A gerontologist has uncovered common advice for couples walking down the aisle or decades into marriage. To capture the voice of lived experience, the study included a random national survey of nearly 400 Americans age 65 and older, asking how to find a compatible partner and other advice on love and relationships. In subsequent in-person interviews with more than 300 long-wedded individuals — those in unions of 30, 40, 50, or more years — the study captured more insights for overcoming common marriage troubles. The team of researchers interviewed divorced individuals, too, asking how others might avoid marital breakups.
Should I or shouldn’t I get married? Are mental reservations keeping you up at night? Is your prospective future spouse overspending on the wedding preparation? Our Florida premarital preparation course will answer these questions and more. As a psychologist and relationship expert, I am often challenged with this question. Should I get married must be answered by you and your spouse and you both must be on the same page. Fortunately, I will provide you with some important facts to help you in making the decision about getting married and making the right decision for the two of you. If you want to know if you both are compatible, then taking our premarital preparation is also extremely important.
Listen to the entire article here:
Some interesting facts to know when deciding whether to be married or not:
- 60 percent of all divorces involve individuals aged 25 to 39. Know that if you are within this age group you are at a higher risk for divorce than those at other ages. However, don’t be too worried by this statistic as most people getting married are within this age bracket and this likely raises the rate of divorce.
- Those who wait to marry until they are over 25 years old are 24 percent less likely to get divorced. Remember, that the older you are, the more likely you are to be successful. Think about it. The greatest risk of divorce is actually financial problems and the older you are, the more likely you will have more money and be more stable financially, thus increasing your chances of remaining married.
- If you and your partner have had previous marriages, you are 90 percent more likely to get divorced than if this had been the first marriage for both of you. This is true. Remember that the people that have stable marriages but with problems and stick it out are not included in this segment, so the people whom get divorced at least one time may possess certain factors that decrease their chances of marital success in the future.
- If you met your spouse in high school, college, or grad school, you are 41 percent less likely to get divorced. It is clear that education provides a buffer to problems and thus divorce. Marriage is a lot less stressful if both partners have an education and jobs and are already established when they came together. Being stable already helps to avoid many unnecessary headaches.
- Having a baby before marriage can increase risk of divorce by 24 percent. Although many people choose to have a child prior to being married, given the many stresses and adjustments with marriage and permanently combining lives, having a child already certainly adds to the stress level.
- The average total cost of divorce in the United States is $15,000. You are likely realizing the high cost of getting married if you are planning a wedding, and you should know the cost of divorce. Know that this cost is for a low conflict divorce.
- And most importantly, being super excited about your prospective partner and sharing many values, goals, and dreams is key. Couples that are lukewarm or are cold during the courting process or have dissimilar attitudes and lifestyles are more prone to relationship problems.
Hopefully we have answered the question as to whether you should get married. It’s important to know what is stacked against you or what is working in your favor. Taking our premarital preparation course is an excellent way to answer the question, “Should I get married”. We hope you are ready for the big commitment. Marriage is a wonderful thing when two people join together with eyes wide open and are in love with each other.