Wakulla County Online Premarital Preparation Course
Avoid the three day wait and save $32.50 on your marriage license in Wakulla County.
Here’s how it works:
The Wakulla County Courthouse will reduce the fee for your marriage license application from $93.50 to $61.00 upon completing our online premarital preparation course.
The cost of our the course is $19.99, so you will actually SAVE $12.51 on your marriage license and there will be no out of pocket cost.
Our Online Premarital Preparation Course for Wakulla County Covers the Following Cities:
- Smith Creek
- St. Marks
Wakulla County Marriage License Information
Official Records (Deeds, Marriage License, Passports)
By Email: DRichardson@wakullaclerk.com
By Phone: 850.926.0326 Fax: 850.926.0938
A marriage license may be obtained in the Wakulla County Courthouse or you may complete the following form with the exception of the signature line. Do not sign any document until you are in the presence of a Deputy Clerk. It would be helpful if you could arrive no later than 4:00 p.m. to complete your application. Both parties must apply in person at the same time.
The application fee is $93.50, unless premarital counseling has been performed by a registered provider, in which case the application fee is $61.00. Fees are payable in cash, check or money order. You will need to present your certificate of completion in order to be eligible for this discount. Please feel free to call our office at (850) 926-0322 to request a facsimile of the approved course providers or just visit our list online.
Florida law does not require a blood test.
United States citizens are required to present a photo ID, which has the correct legal name, correct date of birth and signature. We will accept one of the following:
- Driver’s License
- Military ID or State Identification Card
- Non-United States citizens must present a Passport or a valid government issued alien registration card with photo, date of birth and signature.
Due to new Homeland Security rules all official government documents (driver’s license, passports etc.) used for identification must be accurate. The information found on the ID you present MUST match the information you enter in the name field. Misspellings on any form of ID must be corrected before we can accept it for marriage license applications. You will be required to attest and affirm that the information you supplied is correct and accurate.
Expired identification will not be accepted.
There is a three day waiting period after the marriage license is obtained before a ceremony may be performed, unless the couple has taken a premarital course from a registered provider, or unless the couple is from out-of-state.
You will be required to acknowledge that you have read the “Florida Marriage Handbook”.
Other Useful Information:
- We do not come to other locations.
- Blood tests are not required.
- You do not need to be a resident of Florida.
- Marriage licenses are valid for sixty (60) days from the date of issuance.
- If divorced or widowed the exact date the last marriage ended or date of death of your spouse is required.
- Any applicant under the age of 18 must have the consent of both parents. Consent forms may be obtained from this office. Exception: if one parent is deceased, a certified copy of the death certificate is required.
- A civil marriage ceremony can be performed by a Clerk or Deputy Clerk. The fee for performing the ceremony is $30.00.
- No witnesses are required for a marriage ceremony.
- If you need a certified copy of a marriage license dial (850) 926-0326. You may also order one from http://www.myflorida.com.
Is there a waiting period in the state of Florida for getting married after a couple applies for a marriage license? Do you have to apply in the county you live in? Can a minor apply for a license?
Yes and no. There is normally a 3-day waiting period as of January 1, 1999. However, if both parties have taken a 4-hour premarital preparation course given by a minister or counselor registered with the Clerk of the Circuit Court, the waiting period is waived, and the license fee is reduced.
If only one applicant took the course, the waiting period is still required.
If neither applicant is a Florida resident, the waiting period is not required.
If one applicant is not a Florida resident, and the other is a Florida resident and has taken the premarital course, the waiting period is still required.
A marriage license may be applied for and solemnized in any Florida county.
Minors, who under oath, swear that they are parents or expectant parents of a child may apply. In addition, the pregnancy must be verified by a written statement from a licensed physician.
A previously married minor may also apply.
A person age 16 or 17 may apply with the consent of both parents or guardian, unless the parents are divorced and only one parent has full custody.
Marriage Fee Information
- Marriage License
- with counseling – $ 61.00
- without counseling – $93.50
- Certified copies of license – first 2 are free, each additional copy $3.00
- Marriage Ceremony – $30.00
- We offer several unique locations for your ceremony – please ask us!
- Decorative Marriage Certificate – Free
- with frame and matting(11×14 frame) – $15.00
- Marriage Photo
- without frame (8×10) – $10.00
- without frame (5×7) – $5.00
- with frame & matting (8×10) – $25.00
- with frame & matting (5×7) -$15.00
Please refer to the Wakulla County Clerk of Court website for additional information. (http://www.wakullaclerk.com/)
Dr. Justin D’Arienzo is Florida’s Leading Provider of Online Premarital Preparation and Premarital Counseling. He created an enjoyable and interactive online premarital preparation course that is certified in every county in Florida. Dr. D’Arienzo is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Certified Florida Supreme Court Family Mediator, Parenting Coordinator, Custody Evaluator, and Relationship Expert. If you are seeking individual psychotherapy, counseling in Jacksonville FL, couples and marriage counseling, family counseling, intensive marital therapy, or life coaching, D’Arienzo Psychological Group provides comprehensive psychological therapies and counseling utilizing research-based strategies. D’Arienzo Psychological Group is a full-service psychology firm, with mental health providers who specialize in areas including child and adolescent mental health counseling, behavior modification, psychotherapy for adults, group therapy, psychological assessment, life coaching, vocational counseling, organizational consulting and training, substance abuse treatment, anger management, premarital counseling, marital therapy, couples counseling, and forensic psychological services.