Online Premarital Preparation Course in Okeechobee County
Avoid the three day wait requirement and save $32.50 on your marriage license in Okeechobee County.
Here’s how it works:
The fee for your marriage license is $93.50 if you do not take our online premarital preparation course and you will have a three day waiting period before you can pick up your license. If you do complete our online premarital preparation course the fee $61.00 and the three day waiting period is waived!
The cost of our the course is $19.99, so you will actually SAVE $12.51 on your marriage license and there will be no out of pocket cost.
Our Online Premarital Preparation Course for Okeechobee County Covers the Following Cities:
- Cypress Quarters
- Taylor Creek
- Up the Grove Beach
To purchase your online marital course, click here.
Please refer to the Okeechobee County Clerk of Court website for additional information. (http://www.clerk.co.okeechobee.fl.us/)
Florida Premarital Preparation Online Course
741.0305 Marriage fee reduction for completion of premarital preparation course.—
(1) A man and a woman who intend to apply for a marriage license under s. 741.04 may, together or separately, complete a premarital preparation course of not less than 4 hours. Each individual shall verify completion of the course by filing with the application a valid certificate of completion from the course provider, which certificate shall specify whether the course was completed by personal instruction, videotape instruction, instruction via other electronic medium, or a combination of those methods. All individuals who complete a premarital preparation course pursuant to this section must be issued a certificate of completion at the conclusion of the course by their course provider. Upon furnishing such certificate when applying for a marriage license, the individuals shall have their marriage license fee reduced by $32.50.
(2) The premarital preparation course may include instruction regarding:
(a) Conflict management.
(b) Communication skills.
(c) Financial responsibilities.
(d) Children and parenting responsibilities.
(e) Data compiled from available information relating to problems reported by married couples who seek marital or individual counseling.
(3)(a) All individuals electing to participate in a premarital preparation course shall choose from the following list of qualified instructors:
1. A psychologist licensed under chapter 490.
2. A clinical social worker licensed under chapter 491.
3. A marriage and family therapist licensed under chapter 491.
4. A mental health counselor licensed under chapter 491.
5. An official representative of a religious institution which is recognized under s. 496.404(19), if the representative has relevant training.
6. Any other provider designated by a judicial circuit, including, but not limited to, school counselors who are certified to offer such courses. Each judicial circuit may establish a roster of area course providers, including those who offer the course on a sliding fee scale or for free.
(b) The costs of such premarital preparation course shall be paid by the applicant.
(4) Each premarital preparation course provider shall furnish each participant who completes the course with a certificate of completion specifying the name of the participant and the date of completion and whether the course was conducted by personal instruction, videotape instruction, or instruction via other electronic medium, or by a combination of these methods.
(5) All area course providers shall register with the clerk of the circuit court by filing an affidavit in writing attesting to the provider’s compliance with the premarital preparation course requirements as set forth in this section and including the course instructor’s name and qualifications, including the license number, if any, or, if an official representative of a religious institution, a statement as to relevant training. The affidavit shall also include the addresses where the provider may be contacted.
History.—s. 5, ch. 98-403; s. 16, ch. 99-307.
Dr. Justin D’Arienzo is Florida’s Leading Provider of Online Premarital Preparation and Premarital Counseling. He created an enjoyable and interactive online premarital preparation course that is certified in every county in Florida. Dr. D’Arienzo is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Certified Florida Supreme Court Family Mediator, Parenting Coordinator, Custody Evaluator, and Relationship Expert. If you are seeking individual psychotherapy, counseling in Jacksonville FL, couples and marriage counseling, family counseling, intensive marital therapy, or life coaching, D’Arienzo Psychological Group provides comprehensive psychological therapies and counseling utilizing research-based strategies. D’Arienzo Psychological Group is a full-service psychology firm, with mental health providers who specialize in areas including child and adolescent mental health counseling, behavior modification, psychotherapy for adults, group therapy, psychological assessment, life coaching, vocational counseling, organizational consulting and training, substance abuse treatment, anger management, premarital counseling, marital therapy, couples counseling, and forensic psychological services.