Marriage License and Premarital Preparation Class St. Johns County FL
Marriage License and Premarital Preparation Class St. Johns County FL. We have provided information about getting your marriage license in St. Johns County as well as saving money and avoiding the three day wait in gaining your marriage License. We are an approved provider of the Florida Premarital Preparation Class in St. Johns County, FL. Please contact us for more information.
Are those wedding bells we hear??
- Both parties must be present and have an acceptable form of picture identification, drivers license are preferred. If you are not a U.S. citizen, a valid passport must be presented.
- Social Security numbers will need to be provided. If either or both parties are not U.S. residents, then a valid passport will act in lieu of the Social Security number.
- It is required by Florida Law that a Family Law Handbook be read prior to issuance of the marriage license.
- If either party has been previously married before, the exact date of the last terminated marriage must be known.
- If 16 or 17 years of age, both parents must sign and have notarized aCertificate of Consent for Marriage. If under 16 years a court order must be obtained. Exception is a minor that has been married before, as they are considered an adult.
- The state of Florida now requires a 3 day waiting period if both parties are Florida residents and have not taken an approved marriage class.
- The license is good for 60 days from the effective date and can be used anywhere in the State of Florida.
- The cost of the license is $93.50. If the couple has attended an approved counseling class the price is reduced to $61.00. The provider of the class must be listed with the Clerks office. Inquires may call 904-819-3640.
Who can marry you?
Any notary, Judge, Priest, Ordained Minister, or Deputy Clerk. If you wish to be married at the court house, just bring your marriage license back with you within the eligible time frame and the cost of the ceremony will be $30.00.
Changing your name?
If you change your name, be sure to tell Drivers License Bureau as well as Social Security. And tell your employer about your name change too. Making sure all your records are correct now means you’ll get the right Social Security benefits later. To get a new Social Security card, you’ll need identification that shows your old name and your new name, such as a marriage certificate or divorce decree. If you were born outside the U.S., you will also need proof of U.S. citizenship or that you are living in the U.S. legally. The new card sent to you will have your new name and the same number. And it’s free. You never need to pay for Social Security services like this. Just call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 for information on how to get your new Social Security Card.
Need further information?
Any further information regarding marriage license may be obtained through the Clerk of Circuit Courts office by calling 904-819-3640.
Dr. Justin D’Arienzo is Florida’s Leading Provider of Online Premarital Preparation and Premarital Counseling. He created an enjoyable and interactive online premarital preparation course that is certified in every county in Florida. Dr. D’Arienzo is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Certified Florida Supreme Court Family Mediator, Parenting Coordinator, Custody Evaluator, and Relationship Expert. If you are seeking individual psychotherapy, counseling in Jacksonville FL, couples and marriage counseling, family counseling, intensive marital therapy, or life coaching, D’Arienzo Psychological Group provides comprehensive psychological therapies and counseling utilizing research-based strategies. D’Arienzo Psychological Group is a full-service psychology firm, with mental health providers who specialize in areas including child and adolescent mental health counseling, behavior modification, psychotherapy for adults, group therapy, psychological assessment, life coaching, vocational counseling, organizational consulting and training, substance abuse treatment, anger management, premarital counseling, marital therapy, couples counseling, and forensic psychological services.