Gulf County Online Premarital Preparation Course
Avoid the three day wait requirement and save $32.50 on your marriage license in Gulf County.
Here’s how it works:
The Gulf County Courthouse will discount your marriage license application fee $32.50 upon completing our online premarital preparation course. The standard fee for a marriage license is $93.50, however, applicants who file a certification that both parties have completed our online premarital preparation course within the past 12 months, are entitled to a discount ($32.50), making their fee $61.00.
The cost of our the course is $19.99, so you will actually SAVE $12.51 on your marriage license and there will be no out of pocket cost.
Our Online Premarital Preparation Course for Gulf County Covers the Following Cities:
- Highland View
- Port St. Joe
- White City
Please refer to the Gulf County Clerk of Court website for additional information. (http://gulfclerk.com/marriage-license.php)
Marriage License FAQs
What is needed to get a Marriage License? Both parties must provide proof of the following:
- Identification in the form of a drivers license, state ID or passport.
- U.S. Citizens must provide their Social Security Number. Non citizens may provide a Social Security Number, or an Alien Registration Number issued by the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- Proof of age. Both parties must be at least 18 years of age.
- An application form must be completed. If either party has been previously married, you must note on the application how and when the marriage ended.
- Pursuant to F.S. are required to read the Family Law Handbook before a license can be issued. Please click here to obtain Adobe Reader if you are unable to open the Handbook.
- The fee for the Marriage License is $93.50. This fee is reduced to $61.00 for Florida Residents who have completed a premarital preparation course as provided in Florida Statute 741.0305(5).
Do both parties have to be present at the Clerks Office to apply for a license?
Yes. Both parties must sign the application form and take an oath to the truthfulness of the information provided.
Is a blood test required?
No. A blood test is no longer required in the State of Florida.
Is there a waiting period for the issuance of a Marriage License?
Yes, Florida Statute 741.04 (3) says the effective date shall be delayed 3 days from the date of application unless Florida Residents present the following:
- Certificate of completion of a premarital preparation course from a qualified course provider listed with our office.
- There is no waiting period for out of state residents.
How long is the Marriage License valid?
Florida Marriage Licenses are valid for 60 days from the date issued.
Must I apply for a Marriage License in the County where I live?
No. A Marriage License can be applied for and solemnized in any Florida County.
Who may perform Marriage Ceremonies?
- All regularly ordained ministers of the gospel, elders in communion with a church, or other ordained clergy.
- All Judicial Officers, including retired Judicial Officers, Clerks of the Circuit Court, and Notary Publics of this State.
- “Quakers” and “Friends” may perform marriages in the manner and form used and practiced in their societies.
Who is a regularly ordained minister?
A minister who has been recognized in the manner required by the regulations of the respective denomination to perform marriage ceremonies.
May I get married by a captain aboard a ship?
Yes. If the Captain is a Notary and the ship is in Florida Waters (within 3 geographic miles of the coastline) at the time of the ceremony.
May a marriage be solemnized without a license?
No. Florida Statute 741.08 states in part that the party solemnizing the marriage shall require a properly issued license before performing the ceremony, and within 10 days after the ceremony, he shall make a certificate thereof the license and shall transmit the same to the Clerk of the Circuit Court from which it was issued.
Can I be married in the Clerks Office?
Yes. The Clerk of the Circuit Court or Deputy Clerks are authorized and available during normal working hours Monday through Friday, to perform ceremonies. No appointment is necessary. The fee for this service is $30.00.
How long does it take to get a copy of the marriage record, and the costs?
You will receive certified copies of the Marriage Certificate within 7 days after the officiator returns it to the Clerk’s Office to be recorded. There is no charge for these copies. Additional certified copies cost $2.50 each.
Can people get a license to marry partners of their own gender?
Florida Statute 741.04 states in part that one applicant must be male and the other female.
Can a person marry someone to whom they are related?
Florida law prohibits a person marrying anyone to whom they are related by lineal consanguinity. The nearest degree of relations who may legally marry in the State of Florida is first cousins.
Do one or both applicants have to be U.S. Citizens?
No. There is no citizenship or residency requirements.
May a license be issued to persons 16 or 17 years of age?
- With written consent from both parents or guardian.
- If a minor has been previously married.
- The age requirement can be waived by a County Judge for applicants that prove they are parents or expectant parents.
- If both parents are deceased and there is no legal guardian.
Can a minor, younger than 16 get a Marriage License?
Florida Statute 741.0405(4) states that no license to marry shall be granted to any person under the age of 16 years, with or without the consent of the parents, except as provided in Florida Statute 741.0405 (2) and (3).
Dr. Justin D’Arienzo is Florida’s Leading Provider of Online Premarital Preparation and Premarital Counseling. He created an enjoyable and interactive online premarital preparation course that is certified in every county in Florida. Dr. D’Arienzo is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Certified Florida Supreme Court Family Mediator, Parenting Coordinator, Custody Evaluator, and Relationship Expert. If you are seeking individual psychotherapy, counseling in Jacksonville FL, couples and marriage counseling, family counseling, intensive marital therapy, or life coaching, D’Arienzo Psychological Group provides comprehensive psychological therapies and counseling utilizing research-based strategies. D’Arienzo Psychological Group is a full-service psychology firm, with mental health providers who specialize in areas including child and adolescent mental health counseling, behavior modification, psychotherapy for adults, group therapy, psychological assessment, life coaching, vocational counseling, organizational consulting and training, substance abuse treatment, anger management, premarital counseling, marital therapy, couples counseling, and forensic psychological services.