Online Premarital Preparation Course in Desoto County
Avoid the three day wait requirement and save $32.50 on your marriage license in Desoto County. We do provide the approved premarital course in an online format so you can save money on your marriage license and avoid waiting three days to have your marriage license issued to you. Contact our office today to get started.
Here’s how it works:
The Desoto County Courthouse will discount your marriage license application fee from $93.50 to $61.00 upon completing our online premarital preparation course.
The cost of our the course is $19.99, so you will actually SAVE $12.51 on your marriage license and there will be no out of pocket cost.
Our Online Premarital Preparation Course for Desoto County Covers the Following Cities:
- Fort Ogden
- Lake Suzy
- Pine Level
For your convenience, D’Arienzo Psychological Group has supplied information here from the Desoto County Marriage License website. Please refer to the Desoto County Clerk of Court website for additional information. http://www.desotoclerk.com/MarriageLic.htm
Marriage License Information
- Both applicants must apply in person and bring a drivers license, passport or state issued identification card. If either applicant was previously married, the date the marriage ended by divorce or death is required.
- The effective date of the license will not be valid until three (3) days after issuance if both partners do not attend the pre-marital course. Exceptions to the waiting period are non-Florida residents and persons asserting hardships.
- Both applicants must be at least 18 years of age to apply without parental consent.
- If either applicant is under the age of 18 years of age but at least 16 years of age, a birth certificate and proof of identification is required along with a notarized written consent of the parents or guardian. Consent forms are available at our office.
- Applicants under 16 years of age must obtain a determination from a county judge.
- No blood test is required.
- The cost is $93.50 payable by cash, check or money order payable to the Clerk of Court. A reduction in the fee ($32.50) will be assessed for any couple that provides a valid certificate of completion of a pre-marital course (making the license $61.00).
- The license must be used within sixty (60) days of issuance.
- The license may be used in any county in the State of Florida.
- The executed license must be returned within ten (10) days to our office.
Our office can also perform the marriage ceremony for an additional fee of $30.00. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Click here to see our Fees Page.