Citrus County Online Premarital Preparation Course
Welcome to the Citrus County Online Premarital Preparation Course.
Avoid the 3-day wait requirement and save $32.50 on your marriage license in Citrus County.
Here’s how it works:
The Citrus County Courthouse will discount your marriage license application fee from $93.50 to $61.00 upon completing our online premarital preparation course.
The cost of our the course is $19.99, so you will actually SAVE $12.51 on your marriage license and there will be no out of pocket cost.
Our Online Premarital Preparation Course for Citrus County Covers the Following Cities:
- Beverly Hills
- Black Diamond
- Citrus Hills
- Citrus Springs
- Crystal River
- Floral City
- Homosassa Springs
- Pine Ridge
- Sugarmill Woods
Please refer to the Citrus County Clerk of Court website for additional information. http://www.clerk.citrus.fl.us/nws/home.jsp?section=3&item=38
Voice: (352) 341-6424
Fax: (352) 341-6413
New!!! Marriage Packages offered by the Clerk’s office
Photo packages are available at the Inverness location only.
Digital Photos taken during ceremony 15 pictures $26.50
Digital Photos taken during ceremony 30 pictures $53.00
Digital Photos taken during ceremony 60 (min) pictures $106.00
Both applicants must appear and provide the following information:
1. Proper Identification – one (1) of the following:
- A. Driver’s License
- B. State ID Card
- C. Military ID
- D. Passport
2. Social Security Number of both applicants.
- A. If either applicant is not a U.S. Citizen, their passport or Resident Alien Card is required.
3. Premarital Preparation Course and Family Law Handbook requirements:
- A. If both applicants are Florida residents, the Premarital Preparation Course must be completed within one (1) year prior to the date of application. The completion certificates must be presented at the time the license is issued. Both applicants must obtain and read or otherwise access the information contained in the Family Law Handbook and sign a statement attesting to the fact. Applicants will also be requested to complete a questionnaire. The three (3) day waiting period will be waived. The cost of the license will be $61.00.
- B. Florida residents who have NOT completed the Premarital Preparation Course within one (1) year prior to the date of application and do NOT provide the completion certificates will not be issued a license until they have read the Family Law Handbook. The effective date will be delayed three (3) days from the date the license is issued. The cost of the license will be $93.50.
- C. If both applicants are non-residents, there are no course requirements but both applicants must read the Family Law Handbook. There is no waiting period. The license will be $93.50.
- D. If one (1) applicant is a Florida resident and one (1) applicant is a non-resident, the Florida resident must meet the course and handbook requirements or the license will be delayed three (3) days from the date the license is issued. The license will be $93.50.
- E. Florida residents asserting a hardship may have the delayed effective date waived by the County Judge for good cause. The license will be $93.50.
4. If the last marriage ended by divorce, the month, day, and year of the final judgment is required.
5. If the last marriage ended by death, the month, day, and year of the deceased spouses death is required.
6. If either applicant is 16 or 17 years of age, you must provide parental consent from both parents. Parental consent may be provided by one parent if he or she has sole custody or the other parent is deceased. Parental consent is required unless a medical statement by a licensed physician is submitted as proof of pregnancy and presented to the County Court Judge. The County Court Judge at his or her discretion can issue a license to marry.
7. No person under 16 years of age may obtain a marriage license unless a medical statement as proof of pregnancy is presented to the County Judge and the County Judge approves such marriage.
8. The license is valid for sixty (60) days after the date of issuance and may be used anywhere in the State of Florida. If the license expires before the ceremony is performed, a new license and fee will be required.
9. A free certified copy of the marriage license will be provided either by mail to the address provided or in person within thirty (30) days from the date the license is received by the Clerk’s office. Any additional certified copies will be $3.00 each.
10. A Deputy Clerk may perform your ceremony for a fee of $30.00. It will be necessary to make an appointment for this service and specify which office you would like to have it performed at.
Our offices are open weekdays 8:00am to 5:00pm. Please view the Holiday Schedule (under Related Links) for exceptions.
Main Office – Inverness Courthouse (352) 341-6424
110 N Apopka Avenue
Inverness, Florida 34450
West Citrus Government Center
1540 N Meadowcrest Blvd Suite 300
Crystal River, Florida 34429